Is Your Site Ready For Mobile-First Indexing?
Consider these three main concepts as a developer for ranking and mobile-first indexing the website.
- What is the mobile-first indexing?
- Why mobile-first indexing is done by Google?
- How mobile-first indexing affects the websites?
1. What is mobile-first indexing?
Predominantly, Google crawls your web content of the mobile version for indexing and ranking. Google search engine index is the collection of web pages/documents. Then, Google webmaster choose the mobile-optimized website to be indexed along with the desktop version.
2. Why mobile-first indexing is done by Google?
3. How mobile-first indexing affects the websites?
Currently, the important thing which you should be aware that Google prefers the mobile version first for a site to the desktop version. Google’s organic rankings algorithm work on mobile-friendly websites. Penalties factors affect ranking not indexing and there’s a whole host of other factors that also can affect rankings differently on desktop versus mobile. If anyone has only a desktop version or only a mobile version of the website then no worries about that because Google will separately index that version which you have.